You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Job update!

Remember that job interview that I had that went perfectly and I was really disappointed to not hear back from?  Well, after my last post, I emailed them to find out what went wrong.  I was dying to find out.  Well, I got a call back a few hours after I sent the email and as it turns out, they thought the interview was perfect as well.  Too perfect actually.  They knew I'd get bored in the position I interviewed for.  So, instead of just telling me that I was overqualified and to move on, they created a job just for me.  

Yes, people, I am that good.  I was so excited to hear that!  Anyway, I had to meet with one more person to confirm everything, but she was out of town until the 15th.  In the mean time, I had two interviews.  One offered me a job on the spot.  I told them I had to wait to see what my options were after all of my interviews and whatnot.  I had to give them an answer on Monday (the interview was on Friday).  Monday came and I didn't hear from the other interview (side note: TOTALLY rude not to call back people to let them know that they did not get the job!).  I called the other company to let them know that I had a job offer.  She suggested I take it in the mean time, just in case things didn't work out.

I felt bad doing that.  My mom understood my points.  My dad and my husband thought I should take the job.  So, I took the job.  I started on Tuesday the 8th.  And it's been slow.  It really should be a part time position, but they knew that I wanted full time, so that's what they offered me.  It has been nice to have the extra income, but it's also really boring.

And, when I went to the interview on the 15th, the other company offered me the job.  :)  Unfortunately, I don't start until June 4th.  It's disappointing, but I really cannot wait until I start!  They sent me the benefits package and whatnot and it looks fantastic.  I get 7 days of paid vacation to use for the remainder of 2012 and then 15 days for 2013.  And I get several paid holidays on top of that!  AND, my insurance and 401k begin on day one! 

I'm telling you, this job sounds fantastic.  And, I know I said that they're making this job for me, but that's only until another job becomes available.  They think I'd be perfect for another promotion within the company, but that job isn't quite ready yet.  Besides, this first job will help me get the basics of insurance so that I'll be more prepared for the promotion.  :) 

I just can't wait until June 4th! 

1 comment:

Jonathan Rhodes said...

So.... what has come of all of this???? Any updates? btw my word verification is shpbers... how is that pronounced?