You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, August 16, 2010

He liked it so much, he put a ring on it. ;)


That's right! I am officially engaged to my best friend. :)

I've received an abundance of congratulatory wishes. My mom is ECSTATIC. haha Then again, what does that make me? What is ecstatic times a thousand? :)

Right after the well wishes, I have also received many questions of "How did he do it?" Well, Saturday afternoon, we had a cookout in the backyard. It's only like the second time that Philip has been able to use his enormous, fancy, new grill. :) He made regular hamburgers and hot dogs for himself and veggie dogs for me. And, I made slaw and macaroni and cheese. We played with the dogs while waiting for the food to finish. And then we sat outside and had a wonderful meal.

Afterward, we cleaned up and I sprawled out on the couch. Philip took Cody for a walk to get the mail. When get got back, I was still sprawled out on the couch. He came over to the back of the couch. I asked him what came in the mail. He put the open box with the ring on it on the back of the couch and said, "This did." I opened my eyes and was shocked to see a ring. :) Then he asked me to marry him. I, of course, said yes. :)

We will be getting married next fall. Probably in Pennsylvania where most of Philip's family is located. Since this all happened on Saturday, I have realized that I know nothing about planning a wedding. Yep. It's going to be a lot more work than I originally thought. But, it will be wonderful. :)

And, I'm super excited because my mom and sister will be coming to Colorado this fall/winter to help me pick out a dress! YAY! It's one of the things I am really looking forward to regarding the wedding. That and marrying the most wonderful man in the world. :D

No comments: