You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's too late for me now...

As the years have gone by, I have realized that I am becoming more and more of a "nerd." I was fine with that. I typically date the "nerdier" guys anyway. However, I still held onto the idea that I was only semi-nerdy... until a few weeks ago.

I was in Target with a friend of mine. This friend is sort of nerdy, but not really. We were in the men's clothing section and he pointed out a Star Wars T-shirt. I was checking it out because Philip is a HUGE Star Wars nerd. I was trying to figure out if he had a shirt like it yet.

At this point, my friend says, "That shirt looks pretty cool with the ship... what ship is that? The Millennium Falcon or something like that?" Without thinking, I blurt out, "No, of course not. That's an X-Wing... like what Luke flew in to Dagobah to meet Yoda."

I know that I immediately blushed. Not because my friend thought I was crazy or anything, but because I knew that I had reached the point of no return. It is official. I am a nerd.

Lucky for me, Philip thinks my nerdiness is sexy. ;)

No comments: