You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Possible change of scenery...

Philip has been with Sysco for over 6 years. Lately, he's been wanting a change. Not a change of company but a change of position: a promotion.

He deserves it. He works hard and is very responsible. Only one problem: there aren't any available supervisor positions in Denver.

Philip and I discussed it and decided that we'd be willing to move if a supervisor position came available elsewhere in the U.S.  So, we began our search online. After a few days, we struck gold.

The Chicago Sysco is looking for a night warehouse supervisor. We sent in Philip's resume on Tuesday (I'm the resume queen). He was contacted for a phone interview on Thursday. That went well and then they wanted an in person interview. Philip drove to Indiana Sunday night (dropping off wedding stuff and the pups -- my parents are pup-sitting while we're on our honeymoon). Today, he has his interview in Chicago.

It looks like he has a pretty good chance. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. And if all goes well, we will be moving back to the Midwest. It would be a lot of work and we'd struggle for a while, but it would be worth it. It is what Philip wants and deserves. And I'd definitely enjoy living closer to my family! Keep your fingers crossed for us.  :)

No comments: