You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, October 24, 2011

"How's Married Life?"

I seem to be getting this question a whole lot lately.  Honestly, it's exactly the same as engaged life... just without all that wedding planning in the way.  

Philip and I have lived together for almost our entire relationship.  We know each other inside and out.  There's no changing just because we said "I do."  

And then I get the, "So what now?" people.  When are we going to start a family?  Honestly, I've got baby fever bad.  We want kids.  Three of them.  However, we've still got a few years to go.  We've got some traveling to do first (a cruise next year and possibly another international trip the year after).  We know we won't be doing a lot of traveling once we have little ones, so we need to get that out of our system first!  

Also, we need to be more financially stable.  Philip and I actually do really well.  We are great at budgeting and make the best of what we've got.  However, when we have kids, I will be a stay at home mom.  That's $25-30k less a year.  So, we've got some preparing to do before we can afford kids.  

We need to buy a house.  Philip's credit won't allow that until 2013.  Besides that, we don't know where we will be living.  Philip is trying to find a supervisor job with Sysco.  We don't know where that will lead.  Hopefully a lot closer to my family (the Chicago job would have been nice, but that didn't pan out).  

So, Philip and I will be doing our normal thing for the next few years.  Just hanging out and enjoying the life we have together.  :)  I'm okay with that.  I'll just satisfy myself with drooling over baby clothes until we're actually ready.
(Source)
I mean, how stinkin' cute is that??  :D


No comments: