You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

News for Today

So, I was glancing at Google News this morning, and the first headline definitely caught my attention.


Is that not insane?? According to CNN, the pilot exited the plane and parachuted safely to the ground, but his plane hit a house and killed 3 people. There is also another child missing. They couldn't find her last night and they're still searching for her today. WTF, man. That is just crazy news to me. Apparently the plane was supposed to be landing on a marine base or something. This news kind of reminds me of Donnie Darko. I'm just waiting for the next headline to be about some crazy effing scary bunny terrorizing people. lol

Also in the news is this:

Deal to Rescue American Automakers Is Moving Ahead

I think it's bull crap. We're just rescuing everybody. Who needs to be be responsible anymore? Just do what you want and then when everything falls down around you for the bad decisions you made, the government will just bail you out. Where is the responsibility and accountability in that? If you're at risk of failing, you should fail or find a way to pull yourself up. It should not be the responsibility of the government or the American people to pull your ass out of the stupid mistakes that you made. It especially pisses me off with the automakers. What happened to supply and demand? Obviously we don't need the cars. Therefore, one of the giants should go under. Then the demand will go back up for the other suppliers. We shouldn't be saving companies that we don't need! If they don't want to go under, they should find another niche! It's ridiculous. If I own my own store and I'm in competition with other stores, when the going gets tough, one of us is probably going under. Whoever that may be, they'll need to find something else to provide to the public, or they'll just be gone. That's the way it should work. Grrr... Yeah, it might suck for the rest of us for a while, but we need to reset for all the stupidity that has taken place. Otherwise we'll never learn a lesson!

No comments: