You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't kill yourself yet...

Haha... so, my previous post was very depressing, but something good has happened. And, it came out of the state of Iowa.

Gay marriage is now allowed in the great state of Iowa. Finally, something progressive for the midwest! :)

Of course, this may not last. California only had legal gay marriage for 5 months before it was taken away. And California is typically very liberal. Iowa may have more difficulty holding on since it's in such a conservative area of the U.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks. And, I hope that this causes other states to see that homosexuals have the right to be married as well. I won't hold my breath just yet, though.

I came across a blog from a friend of mine from high school. She was actually bi-curious/bisexual before. Now, it seems that she has found conservative Christianity and thinks that gays should not be allowed access to any sort of marriage. She thinks that if people are gay, they should abstain from relationships.

She feels that the United States should not encourage sins. She said that if we are going to make gay marriage legal that we might as well make murder legal. Because all sins are equal.

I've come across more and more people like this. I'm frightened. It seems as though they just caught the Crazy-ass Conservative Christian flu. I don't want to catch it. I sure hope all of that vitamin C I get in my diet can fight it off.

I told her that the U.S. isn't a Christian nation, and therefore, we can't make laws based on Christianity's idea of what is right. Homosexuality is not hurting anyone (unless you believe that they are going to hell, in which case it's still only hurting them -- you can only tell them your beliefs; not make them believe... otherwise we could just make it a law that everyone in the U.S. has to be a Christian). Murder is taking a life. Big difference.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! These are scary times we are living in. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that you don't catch that flu.

No comments: