You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Random Thoughts on The Land Before Time

Okay, so I was doing some landscaping a few days ago. When I'm working with my hands, my mind tends to wander. I think about incredibly random things. I don't know how or why I started thinking about it, but I started thinking about The Land Before Time. I'm talking about the dinosaur movie. There are like 147 of them now, but I was specifically thinking of the original. It was a good movie. It made me cry... a lot. It was one of the few movies I owned when I was little. That and The Lion King. And Mrs. Doubtfire. But, anyway, that's not really relevant to what I was thinking about.

I was thinking about the relationships that were shared between the dinosaurs. Sure, Cera was a pain in the butt sometimes, but things usually work out. And then, I started thinking about how all of them can understand each other when they talk. And then, I thought, why can't the "Sharptooth" talk?? All of the others can talk! Well, for a while Spike can't talk, but that's only because he's too young (or so Ducky says). And he prefers to stay rather mute throughout the series, but he CAN talk. Can the Sharptooth talk??

Well, I was all very curious about this, so I looked it up. It turns out that because the carnivores and herbivores are so different, they've developed different languages. The language that the sharpteeth have created consists of grunts and growls. Chomper (a character that I'm not really familiar with) is the only one who is bilingual and can understand both carnivores and herbivores. This is apparently because he was raised by both. Or something. I don't know.

Anyway, I have discovered the answer to my question. Sharptooth is not just dumb and doesn't know how to speak. He just speaks an entirely different language. :)

1 comment:

Jon and Aileen said...

haha this is all very ammusing. especially if you realize that i just watched that movie last week and also that i just blogged about finding little foot's footprints