You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter + New Addiction

I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't felt like it. I've mostly been reading. I'm have a new obsession with Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. There are 14 numbered books (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to Get Deadly, etc.) and 4 between-the-numbers books (Visions of Sugar Plums, Plum Lovin', Plum Lucky, and Plum Spooky). I only have Fearless Fourteen and Plum Spooky left to read. And then Finger Lickin' Fifteen comes out in June. I've run through them in about 2 weeks. They are incredibly addictive.

I went home for Easter. It was wonderful. I got some time away and I got to spend some time with my family. I left Thursday, April 9 and came back Monday, April 13. It was a short trip, but I had a great time. However, I got my first speeding ticket on the way there. No bueno. I was doing 85 in a 65. Yuck. The officer told me that if I went to court, they would drop it to improper equipment and then it wouldn't go against my license. And that is good. I just got word from my insurance company that my insurance is rising because of a speeding ticket that Joe got. He's not even the primary driver. It used to be $130 every 6 months. Now it's $270 every 6 months. Insanity! I'm dropping him off of my insurance. If this one goes against his license, my insurance would be outrageous!

He is out of town this week. So, I will get to have a wonderfully quiet week to myself. Peaceful. :) It's good timing, too, because I need some time to myself. I'm feeling a need for isolation. My life is feeling claustrophobic. Joe doesn't understand my dislike for my job and we've argued about it too much lately. I'm growing resentful. It's probably the reason my breathing problems are flared up again. I haven't used my inhaler in over 2 months. I need it now. Unfortunately, I left it in South Korea and I haven't made it to get a refill yet. So, I'm dragging myself along until I can get to the pharmacy at a time when they're actually open. Ugh. Do you ever think to yourself, "Wow... this is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life"?

::Positive thoughts::

I have a job. I have a wonderful home. I have 4 beautiful pups. I have a boyfriend who doesn't drive me nuts 100% of the time. :)

Almost better...

No comments: