You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Friday, July 3, 2009

A Gypsy Soul? Apparently...

So, a few weeks ago, when I was moving into my new apartment, I started thinking about something. I have moved A LOT in the past few years. I'm starting to feel like a gypsy.
  1. 1985 -- When I was born, my parents were living in an apartment in Plymouth, Indiana. We only lived there for the first month or so of my life.
  2. 1985-2004 -- We moved to Rose Road in Plymouth, Indiana. I lived there until I left for college.
  3. Fall 2004-Spring 2005 -- I lived in Woodson Dormitory at Catawba College.
  4. Spring 2005 -- I moved to Stanback Dormitory at Catawba College for my second semester of my first year.
  5. May-Jun 2005 -- I went home for a few weeks after my first year at Catawba, but then, after a few problems, I moved in with Joe's mother in China Grove, NC.
  6. June 2005-July 2006 -- Joe's mom was a tad on the insane side, so Joe and I got an apartment in Salisbury on Woodson Street.
  7. July 2006-May 2007 -- We moved right across the street from Catawba to Dr. Clapp's basement apartment on Summit Avenue.
  8. May 2007-October 2008 -- We moved to Gastonia after Joe graduated to be closer to his work in Dallas.
  9. ~Overlap~ August 2007-December 2008 -- I lived at Dr. Fuller's loft to house-sit/cat-sit for her while she was teaching at Harlaxton.
  10. October 2008-May 2009 -- We moved to Shelby, North Carolina.
  11. May 2009 -- When Joe and I broke up, I stayed in Charlotte for a few weeks before I found an apartment.
  12. June 2009-Present -- I have an apartment in Belmont, North Carolina. I'm not really there very much, but it's my current address.

So, I started off slow. I spent the first 19 years of my life at the same address. And since then, I've moved A LOT. I've had a total of 12 addresses. Ten of those addresses have have occurred in the past 5 years. That's insanity. The funny thing? I'll probably be moving again in about 5 months when my lease is up. I will probably move to Charlotte and get a roommate. And then, after that lease is up, I will probably move again. And, in a few years, I plan to move to Colorado where it will be nice and cool in the summer and I will get lots and lots of snow in the winter. Like it should be. :D I guess I can't sit still for long... That will hopefully change in a few years. Then, I will hopefully be ready to settle down and start a family. :) I don't think my family would appreciate having to move every year... ;)

No comments: