You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas

Wow. Christmas was a blast. We had several Christmases. With one to go. First, we went to Pennsylvania to have Christmas with Philip's mom's side of the family. It was just for the weekend, but we had a great time. And I can't believe how many presents we got. Santa was really good to us this year. lol

Then, we had Christmas with our friends from Catawba. It was wonderful. We decorated sugar cookies and goofed around and smoked the hookah. We were jolly. :)

Then, we went to Indiana. We got there on the evening of Christmas Eve. We went to my Uncle Randy's Christmas dinner that night. That's the redneck part of my family. We had fun... but I'm sure it was interesting for Philip. ;)

That night, we opened presents at my parent's house. We seriously made out like bandits. And my parents loved their blu-ray player. And my sister was definitely amused by her Hope Chest. She kept saying, "Now all I need is the house!" That's a hint to her boyfriend. lol

Philip had to leave on Sunday. He flew back that morning so that he could get to work that night. I stayed through New Year's. I spent some time with my family and with my pups. I miss them like crazy.

I drove back the evening of the first. It was a really pleasant drive. I wish the rockslide would get cleared up soon though. I don't like the detour around the North Carolina/Tennessee line.

I had to get back the night of the first (I made it in about 11 hours) because we had another Christmas with Philip's friends from high school yesterday. It went really well. Everybody seemed to like what we got them and we played a bunch of games. It was fun.

And today, we let Brandon open his presents from us and we opened his presents to us (since he couldn't make it to the Catawba shindig). We got him a season of Family Guy, a classical music CD, the new Fast & Furious DVD, and the Hulk Smash board game. I'm not really looking forward to having to play it with him. lol

We got a TON of books, movies, and lots of other cool stuff. I shouldn't be bored for a good, long while. :) Thank you to everyone who made this probably the best Christmas EVER. Oh, and thank you, Santa. :D

No comments: