You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Things About Me...

Well, I gave in on Facebook, so I thought I'd put them on here as well.


1. I don't like peas, cooked carrots, or brussel sprouts.
2. I lived in a trailer until I was 17 years old.
3. I had lived at 13369 South Rose Road in Plymouth, Indiana for my entire life until I came to Catawba. I moved off campus my sophomore year. I've since lived in 4 different places (so 6 different places since high school).
4. My mom got pregnant with me when she was a senior in high school (oops!).
5. I've only ever had 2 real boyfriends (the only 2 boys I ever kissed).
6. If I ever do have children, they will be homeschooled by me for at least the elementary years. I also refuse to leave my children with a babysitter or daycare while I have a career. Either myself or my partner will have to stay home with the kids. I refuse to have children and then ask someone else to raise them.
7. I have crushes on 4 fictional characters: Sylar (Gabriel Gray -- Heroes), Leonard (Big Bang Theory), Sheldon (Big Bang Theory), and Edward Cullen (Twilight).
8. I can only find someone physically attractive if I'm attracted to their personality. I've thought that people were ugly before, and then I found out that other people thought that they were hot. Then I realized that I just thought that they were ugly because their personalities were ugly. You can see a real example by looking at my first boyfriend. lol... but, seriously.
9. I'm currently writing a novel. It's about aliens. :)
10. I love animals. I'm a pacifist, but when I see someone hurt an animal, it is very hard to restrain myself from ripping their hearts from their chests. :) Also, I get really upset by roadkill. On Christmas Eve, Joe and I were driving to his family's house and the person in front of us ran over a squirrel. I cried uncontrollably for the next half hour. I also cried when someone killed a bee in my office. I don't like killing of any kind. From humans to ants. They all matter to me.
11. I'm a vegetarian. I'm pro-life. I'm against the death penalty.
12. I have a tattoo of a checkered flag on my right ankle. I don't regret getting the tattoo, but I wish I would have gotten something else. I had wanted to get "Lyn" (my middle name) tattooed in the same spot, but my aunt talked me out of it because she said it sounded like something a prostitute would do so they could identify her body when it showed up in a dumpster. So, I picked the checkered flags. I wish I would have gone with "Lyn."
13. When I have children, I'm going to teach them that swearing is only what ignorant people do because their vocabularies aren't large enough to express what they're feeling. Which means that if Joe and I have kids, we have to stop swearing. :)
14. The only ice cream that I really like is butter pecan. Other than that, I only really think of ice cream as a topping. It goes on cookies, cake, pie, brownies, and just about any dessert. Although, I also like vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and pineapple. Mmmmm...
15. Cookie dough is my enemy. I can't stop eating it. It's so delicious. I eat cookie dough far more often than what I actually make cookies. It's insane.
16. I sleep in the nude. I can't stand to wear clothing to bed. I get hot and also it tends to bunch up. If I wear a shirt, it feels like it's strangling me when I wake up.
17. I only wear thong underwear. When Joe and I first started dating, he thought it was sexy. Now he thinks I'm weird. :) It's the only thing that I think is comfortable. Regular underwear drive me nuts and I spend the whole time wearing them thinking of how uncomfortable they are and hiding in places where I can pull all of that fabric back into place where it's supposed to be. Ahhh!!
18. Joe and I adopted a puppy in October of 2007 from a shelter in Gaston County. She ended up having parvo and dying. I took care of her for a week before she died. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen, and I helped take care of my grandma multiple times while she was in the hospital. I was scared to death to get another dog for a while after that. It's the most awful thing I've ever seen.
19. I love Heroes. In fact, I am still holding a grudge against the Carolina Panthers because one of their games caused Heroes to be rescheduled for 2 pm the next day. It was unacceptable.
20. I don't like Romeo & Juliet. I don't think it's romantic. I don't believe that they could have been in love. I think it's ridiculous.
21. I hate shaving my legs. Most of the time, I only shave my legs to right above my knee. That's the only part that people usually see. Plus, the hair above my knee is really light so it's hard to see. Sometimes I go months without shaving my whole leg. But I just did earlier this week. So, I'm probably good for a while. lol
22. I started learning to read when I was 3 years old. My mom always read and I wanted to be like her. I drove her nuts about it until she finally gave in (she thought I was too young to learn). I was a fast learner. My mom thought it was so cool that she tried to teach my sister before she started kindergarten. It didn't go over well. It ended with my sister telling my mom that she hated her. Oops. :S
23. My first real birthday party was when I was 17. It falls in the summer (August 3), so school was always out and my friends couldn't come.
24. I believe in Process Theology. Look it up. Ask if you're interested.
25. I don't believe in heaven or hell. Some people ask me why I continue to try to be a good person if there is no promise of heaven and no threat of hell. Those people are the reason our world is in this mess. People should be good people simply because it is the right thing to do. Not because they will be rewarded/punished for what they do.

No comments: