You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Okay... So, maybe I am a bad person.

Someone I knew throughout Elementary, Middle, and high school asked to be my friend on Facebook a few days ago (I actually had a crush on him in the 3rd grade). I confirmed, but I didn't look at his profile. So, today he showed up on my newsfeed. I clicked on him to see what's been going on in his life. It wasn't all that interesting. He's younger than me but he's been married for 3 years (yikes). He works as a cop in a podunk town next to the one we grew up in. He seems to be happy. He looks the same as I remember. He was a good enough guy and I hope that the happiness that he's showing is legitimate.

As I was looking at his profile, I noticed that he had recently become friends with a few of our other classmates. I was never friends with those people. They were always snooty and worthless people. The thought they were better than everyone and were mean. Well, I couldn't help myself. I had to look at their profiles.

Here comes the part where I'm a bad person. Each of them wasn't as sucessful as I have been. And it made me a little happy inside. None of them had graduated from college. A few had gained a bunch of weight and were not nearly as attractive as they once were. Some had already had a child or children. I know I'm awful. I just like that I've been able to make it this far without screwing up and they hadn't. It's just nice that there was actually some karma for what horrible people they were as I was growing up.

Now I have to make up for being a horrible person so that karma won't catch up with me! :)

No comments: