You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sex... (That title caught your attention, right?!)

I've been thinking a lot lately. It's been egged on a lot by movies I've seen recently.

People are insane! There are actually people out there who have sex with random people who they do not know. This is a horrifying thought to me.

I have rules about sex that I do not break. I'm not so conservative as to say that marriage should be saved for marriage (I don't believe that... sex is an important aspect of a relationship and you need to know if you're sexually compatible before committing yourself to someone for the rest of your life), but I do have more conservative rules than society seems to be pushing.

Number one, I have to be in a serious relationship with someone. Number two, I have to be in love with them. I've never broken my rules. I don't know how I could live with myself if I did. I'm not saying that my rules are for everyone, but I would think that everyone should at least know the person they're sleeping with.

I have my rules for my own reasons. Sex is very personal for me. It's something to be shared with someone that I love. Not for just anyone. However, I know that sex isn't that for everyone. However, that doesn't mean that people should have sex with someone that they picked up in a bar. You don't know that person. There are serious repercussions for having sex with someone you don't know.

First of all, disease. Herpes is not how you want to remember that crazy weekend. It's disgusting and it's going to put a serious damper on your future plans. Even if someone appears to be clean, looks can be deceiving. And can you really trust someone you just met to tell you the truth??

Second of all, pregnancy. Do you really want to be impregnated by someone that you know nothing about?? I realize that not everyone has the same attitude as me about abortion not being an option, but still, even pro-choicers know that abortion can be traumatizing.

Third of all, the person you go home with could be a freak. This goes for women especially since we are more likely to be raped/attacked. That person who seemed great in the bar could be a rapist or murderer. Is the possibility of an orgasm really worth that threat?? It isn't to me!

Finally, how high could your self esteem be if you're willing to open your legs for anyone? I think people should love themselves more than that.

I'm not saying that everyone should have to be in love with the person they give themselves over to. I've known/been with people who sex was more like a game or sport to pass the time. Even still, that doesn't mean that those people need to have sex with anyone. Is it really going to kill a person to wait a while to find out if that person is worth your time?

Come on, people. Be safe. And find out something more than that person's favorite position or bust size before going to bed with them.

No comments: