You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Friday, November 12, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 8-12

November 8: I am thankful for stability. I have a job. Philip has a job. We have a house (we rent, but it's still a house). We have more than enough money to pay our bills and live comfortably. We can both count on our steady paychecks. With the way the economy is right now, I know that this is really incredible. I am very thankful that I am able to be a part of the middle class.


November 9: I am thankful for health insurance. This month is the first time since high school that I have had health insurance. I don't get sick often (or really at all since I became a vegetarian), but you never know when you are going to need health insurance. My company gives me $270.00 of credit to use each month towards health insurance. I got my health insurance through Philip because it was cheaper and better than my company's insurance. However, I used the $270 credit for dental, accident, hospital, and disability insurance through AFLAC and I got a $150,000.00 life insurance policy for myself ($300,000.00 if it's an accidental death). I went about $20 over my $270.00 credit, so that comes out of my paycheck. So, I'm getting a ton of insurance for very cheap! I went from no insurance to super insured! :) I am very fortunate!


November 10: I am thankful for nice, relatively normal in-laws. My in-laws all (seem to) like me and approve of my relationship with Philip. They are all very friendly and supportive. It's nice to be a part of a big family (when they are pleasant). It's nice to have another set of parents (or in my case, another 2 sets -- Philip's mom and stepdad as well as his dad and stepmom) who care about your wellbeing. It's also nice to have grandparents again. My grandparents are all deceased. I miss them terribly, but at least I have grandparents-in-law who are wonderful. :)


November 11: I am thankful for all of the veterans who have served in all branches of the military. I may not support every aspect of the war in Iraq, but I do support our troops. They have to be separated from those they love for months (or even years) to make sure that our nation continues to be safe and free (and to help other less fortunate countries). I'm not sure that I could make the sacrifices that our service men and women make. I am very thankful that there are people who are willing to make those sacrifices for me and those I love.


November 12: I am thankful for snow. I know it sounds crazy, but we just had our first TWO snowfalls this week (one of the big reasons I moved to Colorado). They were beautiful. I love the snow. It covers everything and makes the world glow. It gives the world a wonderful glitter... It covers up all that is ugly with a perfect white -- the color of purity. It makes even our sometimes-crappy world seem perfect. Also, it's fun to play in. :D

No comments: