You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Who Needs Luck?

I'm actually referring to Andrew Luck, the quarterback who will likely be the first round NFL draft pick.  The Colts have been absolutely atrocious this year without Peyton Manning.  It's still up in the air whether or not Manning will be able to play at all next year or ever again.  It's been said that he is healing well, but is he going to be the same quarterback even if he does play again?

I don't know.  What I do know is that I freakin' love Peyton Manning.  He's the best.  Had he not had to have these surgeries, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have shattered all records.  

But, it did happen.  And after all that he's done for the Colts, I think he deserves a chance.  My boss keeps telling me that the Colts just need to drop Manning and suck for Luck.  However, I am happy that we've won our last 2 games.  We're still at the bottom and will get the first round draft pick if we lose next week.  But, I don't care.  I always want my Colts to win.  

I'm going to hold out hope that we can hold on to Peyton Manning and that he will continue to be who he's always been!  Even the Colts owner is with me on this.  He has said that if Manning can play next year, he will definitely be with the Colts.  
"I think there is a lot of speculation about the draft pick and all those sorts of things, but I think what people have to realize is this: Is the likes of Peyton Manning to be seen again?  It is not coming, if ever, for a very, very long time. You’re not going to go in this draft or the next draft and get another Peyton Manning."

Damn straight.  I know a lot of people think we should go out and lose next week so that we can draft Luck, but I just want to go back to our Manning glory days!  Luck might be a good prospect, but I highly doubt that he will ever be a Peyton Manning.  

No comments: