You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Easy Vodka Cream Sauce

I have a recipe for Vodka Cream Sauce that has pleased everyone I've made it for (including some picky eaters).  It's truly delicious, and easy!

Ingredients:
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 small onions, diced
  • 1/2 cup vodka (I use the cheapest I can find)
  • 2 cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

Coat a pan in olive oil and add onions.  Cook until the onions are transparent and beginning to brown on the edges (caramelized).  Then add the vodka (be very careful -- it will steam and pop).  Stir into the onions and cook until the vodka is mostly cooked off (you should be able to only smell a little alcohol -- use your hand to waft the smell or you might burn your nostrils!).  Then add the tomato sauce.  Cook until the sauce begins to bubble.  Then add the cream.  Stir and cook for a few minutes.  

You can chose what type of pasta to put it on.  I am partial to angel hair but penne seems to be popular.  I almost always eat it with chicken (you can cook it any way you like), but it's also tasty with steak (you could also use shrimp, but I think shrimp is disgusting).  

And there you have it.  Simple, tasty vodka cream sauce!

No comments: