You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I know you're going to get sick of this, but...

I read this tonight, and I just had to share: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7660415/thanks-memories-peyton-manning  If you have a few minutes, it really does express what a lot of Colts fans have thought. 

It says a lot of things that I have just been unable to put to words.  Peyton Manning did more than play football for Indianapolis; he was a part of the community.  

This is my favorite part:
I have no idea how much time and money you have to give to a hospital to have it renamed in your honor, but they did that for you in Indianapolis. Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent. Says a lot.
How many times can one man change an entire city? Well, without you there's probably no Lucas Oil Stadium. Without Lucas Oil Stadium, there's no Super Bowl this year in Indy. Without the Super Bowl, there's no brand-new, drop-dead gorgeous JW Marriott downtown. Forbes figures you improved the Colts' value by $233 million. Compared to that, $28 million to keep you doesn't seem like much, does it?
That says it all for me.  So, yes, thank you, Peyton Manning.

No comments: