You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good news, bad news...

Good News:

So, the Carolina Panthers didn't completely play into my plan. They didn't win on Saturday night so that they could go to the game before the superbowl and then choke. However, they did completely choke. They lost by 20 points. It was awesome! I'll take it. Maybe now they'll learn the lesson that they should never ever interrupt Heroes. Otherwise, I will sick Karma on their asses. :)

Bad News:

My neighbor is in the hospital. She is actually in a coma right now. She went in with pneumonia and the stress of the hospital caused her to have a heart attack. They induced a coma to try to help her (less stress for her). Her heart is only functioning at 10% of what it is supposed to be and her organs are shutting down. Her chances of survival are very slim. She is only 67 years old. She has cirrhosis of her liver from years of prescription pills for her migraines. She is an incredibly spunky older woman.

Her husband is lost right now. He is in denial about how bad it is. Joe and I have been checking in on him and visiting with him every night. I brought him dinner one night. He kept telling us it was bad, but that she would get better. His daughter came into town yesterday (he had been telling her the same thing). She is the one that told us how bad it really was.

They've been married for almost 50 years. I'm sure he would be completely lost without her. It's heartbreaking to watch. I really like Suzie. I was excited to find neighbors who were really cool (not just for their age -- they are awesome people). I hadn't thought about having to deal with sickness or death with them because they certainly don't seem old.

The doctors have talked to Jay and his daughter about her living will. With her chances of pulling through so slim, they've had to think about pulling the plug if it comes to that.

It's very depressing. I'm trying to stay hopeful. If you're a person who prays, pray for Suzie and her family. If not, think good thoughts for them. :) Thanks.

No comments: