You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I always do New Years Resolutions. And, I, unlike a lot of people, actually complete most of my resolutions. There's one that I never ever manage to stick to. It is, of course, the fitness resolution. However, despite my past failure, it will again be on my list for 2009. :)


1.) I have decided to write a book. So far, it's only in my head. But, everything has to start somewhere. Okay, don't laugh. It's going to be about aliens. Hahahahaha... yeah, I know. Sounds like a best-seller, right?! But, I'm sure that J.K. Rowling got the same crap about wizards, and Christopher Paolini about dragons, and Stephenie Meyer about vampires. So, I'm sticking with my aliens. :)

2.) I will work out at least 3 times per week.

3.) I will read at least one book for fun per month (this is always my favorite resolution).

4.) I will add at least one new word to my vocabulary each week.

5.) I will meet new people in Shelby, so that Joe and I will have friends closer than an hour away.

6.) I will volunteer at least 3 hours per week.

7.) I will pray/meditate at least every other day.

8.) I will work to make my relationship with Joe stronger. I will be positive and supportive.


I normally have at least 10 resolutions, but I figure, with writing a book, I can probably knock a few resolutions off. I won't have time for much else! :)

And I wish you luck with all of your resolutions. :)

2 comments:

Jon and Aileen said...

good luck writing a book! i wanna read it! can i pre-order?? ;)

Lyn said...

lol... sure! I'll put you at the top of my list. You can read it and tell me what to change. I would put Joe in charge, but he still hasn't even finished reading my thesis. lol