You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy but sad...

My baby sister is moving in with her boyfriend this weekend. Okay, so she's not really a baby -- she's 22. But, she's always going to be 15 in my eyes. :(

I am really excited for her. She is so happy and excited. She is still in school, so she has continued to live with my parents even after she graduated from high school. So, every time I go home, she is there at my parents' house. It was actually really nice. I liked having my family all in one place.

It's not that she's moving very far; only a few miles. I just am having a hard time accepting that she is an adult. I can't believe that the time has gone by so quickly. It doesn't seem right that she should be moving out on her own.

I knew it would be coming soon... I even got her a "hope chest" for Christmas (a bunch of stuff she'd need when she moved out on her own; stuff like a blender, a toaster, a mixer, etc.). I just kept expecting "soon" to continue to be in the distant future. :S

I also wish that I could be there to help her move in and set up. It is a big step; and I'm her big sister. Isn't this one of those moments that I should be there with her for? I probably would say "screw it" and fly home this weekend if it weren't Philip's birthday on Friday.

This is one of the times where I really don't like living so far away from my family. I miss moments like these. On the other hand, I really love Denver. My family really does need to move closer to me. :P

Oh, well. I am going to surf Amazon.com for a house-warming present for her. Then, I guess I'll just be there in spirit.

No comments: