You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Insomnia

I have been battling insomnia for weeks now. During the workweek, I barely get a few hours of sleep a night. I end up being tired during the day and then I'm wide awake as soon as it is time for bed. It's irritating. Then, on the weekends, I sleep for hours. It's fantastic. I mean, I sleep like 12 hours. It's because I can just fall asleep whenever and then I don't have to get up at any certain time (it helps that Philip works nights... so that's his normal schedule).

Well, to help fight this ridiculous battle, I have begun napping. I know it sounds counterproductive, but it seems to be working. I figure, if I'm not going to sleep at night anyway, why not nap so I can get at least a few hours of sleep?

So, when I get home from work, I eat dinner and then I watch a little tv and take a nap. The nap usually lasts an hour or two. A few times I actually slept 4 hours. It seems excessive, but at least I'm sleeping! Then, I get up and do my normal evening routine (wedding planning, cleaning the house, reading, etc.) until I feel ready for bed. I still get to bed around the same time as when I wasn't napping (sometime between 2-4 am), but at least I already have a few hours of sleep under my belt!

I still sleep quite a bit on the weekend, but I feel much better throughout the week. Ha! Take that insomnia! I may not have won the war, but at least I'm not going crazy from sleep deprivation! :)

No comments: