You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 25-30

November 25: I am thankful that our friend Richard was able to travel to see us for Thanksgiving. He spent a week with us and it was great to have a visitor and great to see an old friend.


November 26: I am thankful for sales! Black Friday was successful. After much hassle, we were able to get a foosball table for free from Sears. We had to use a few hours of precious Black Friday time, but it was definitely worth it!


November 27: I am thankful for REAL Christmas trees. They get me in the holiday spirit so much. They make the whole house smell like pine. It is wonderful. :) (Even if we did have to spend a bunch of money on a tree that we didn't get to cut down ourselves or have shaken or baled-- damn misleading websites! Next year we will find a farm to cut our own down! For now, this tree is wonderful! A beautiful Frasier Fir).


November 28: I am thankful for love. I know that is generic, but it's true. I am thankful that there are still good people in the world. I am thankful that I am lucky enough to count a few of those good people as my family and friends. I am thankful to have love to get me through any hard times I face. I have been slightly depressed with the state of the world lately and the love of my family and friends has helped tremendously.


November 29: I am thankful for Amazon.com. Yeah, it sounds silly. However, they make everything much simpler for me. Philip and I are unable to travel to our families' homes this year. So, it makes things much easier that Amazon has free shipping. We can just ship gifts directly to our families' homes! So simple. :)


November 30: I am thankful for contests and hockey! I won 2 club level tickets to the Avs game. They lost in overtime, but we had a fantastic time. So, maybe I should just be thankful for good luck? ;)

No comments: