You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Future Nurses/Teachers

I have a TON of Facebook friends who are in nursing school or are future teachers. Because of this, I am frightened for my future and the future of our children.

It terrifies me that a majority of some of those nursing school people's posts are about failing a test or even a class. These are the people who may have my life in their hands at some point in the near future. Should they really be doing something that they are failing at or at best, barely passing? I know that there is a nursing shortage, but I really don't want my life to be in the hands of someone who just slid by in nursing school. I want my life in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing!

With the future teachers, it frightens me that they post about how much they hate classes or failed some psychology/sociology class or don't like their students when they are student teaching. That does not bode well for when they have a classroom of their own to run. Do we really want our children to be shaped by these people? We already have bad teachers; it's time to find the good ones! Our futures depend on it! However, since it is unlikely, it's just one more reason why I plan to homeschool my future children!

Again, I want to point out that it's not ALL of my nursing/teacher friends who are like this. There are a few that I am proud to say will make wonderful, hardworking nurses and teachers. I would gladly put my life in those nurses' hands or put my children's future in those teachers' hands. I just wish everyone would pick a career that suits them... instead of just picking the road that they think they should take (i.e. friends are doing it, lots of jobs available, can get financial aid). I'm glad that I at least have some friends who are going to make capable nurses and teachers... otherwise I might lose hope in all nurses and teachers!

No comments: