You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I hate flying

And not for the obvious reason (my fear of falling/heights).  That doesn't really bother me.  I don't actually notice that I'm up in the air much (unless there is a lot of turbulence).  What really bothers me is that none of my flights ever go according to plan.

I flew to Indiana early on Friday morning.  My flight into Chicago was delayed for an hour and then my flight into Fort Wayne was delayed by over an hour.  It was irritating, but I still managed to only be about an hour late getting into Fort Wayne.  The person next to me was quiet and I mostly just read my book while I waited.

I flew back to Colorado last night.  The flight to Chicago actually did go as planned.  We left just a few minutes late and arrived roughly on time.  The flight into Denver was another story.  

We actually arrived above Denver really early.  The pilot told us that we would circle Denver for a few minutes while waiting for an updated landing time.  Woo hoo!  Early landing!  Not so much.  We circled and circled for over half an hour.  By that point, we were later than we were originally supposed to land.  Still no one says anything to us.  However, I know what the problem is: an incredible lightning storm.  

It was terrifying to be circling above the city while watching bolts of lightning strike every few seconds around us.  The pilot told us we couldn't land because of the weather.  Well, eventually, we had to fly to Colorado Springs airport to re-fuel.  We sat on the tarmac for about an hour.  They wouldn't let us off the plane.  And I was sitting next to someone with some mental handicaps.  She was incredibly loud and would not stop talking.  

It was late, I hadn't slept a whole lot, I'd been up since early that morning, and I was irritated by the situation.  I actually daydreamed about strangling the woman next to me.  She was that annoying.  And I am really tolerant of annoying people! 

We finally took off and still the woman wouldn't shut up.  I tried to pretend that I was asleep but she still insisted on trying to talk to me.  Ugh!!!!!  We landed in Denver about 30-40 minutes later (I still don't know why it took so long!  It's only an hour to hour and a half drive from the Springs to Denver!).  

Anyway, I was at the back of the plane, so it took another 15 minutes to get off of the plane once we finally landed.  And then I had to take the train to the main terminal.  There was only one train running, so I had to go from terminal A, to B, to C, and then back to B, back to A, and then on to the main terminal for ground transportation.  

Finally, I got to see Philip's smiling face.  :)  I was so relieved to just be back in Denver!  By the time we got home, it was after 1:30am.  I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep right away because of all of the irritation!  So, needless to say, I am tired today!  

I really hope that our flights in September for the wedding and honeymoon go much more smoothly!  At least I had an awesome time in Indiana for the weekend!  :)

No comments: