You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Pasta Making Experience

I had a bridal shower on June 12th while I was in Indiana.  It was wonderful.  We had a great time and I loved it.  I was surprised that I got a ton of really awesome gifts.

Once such gift was the pasta maker that I've wanted for quite some time now (Thanks, Kim!).  I couldn't bring most of the gifts back with me on the plane, so my mom shipped them to me.  I received the pasta maker on Friday but I had other plans.  

(Source)

Sunday afternoon, I decided it was time.  I got everything ready and made the dough.  Then I searched for the instructions.  Turns out, there aren't any.  Well, truthfully, there was a page of a few pictures telling me the basics of using the machine.  However, there are several attachments that all work differently and a bunch of different settings for how thick to roll the dough, etc.  

I thought, how hard could it be?  And, I tried to wing it.  Almost 3 hours later, I finally had something resembling spaghetti.  By the end of it, I was ready to throw that pasta maker across the room.  

And, you know what?  The pasta was good.  Philip loved it.  I have to admit, it is better than box spaghetti from the store.  However, after all the hell I went through to get it to work, I wanted it to be even better.  It should have been orgasmic for all the stress I endured to make it!  

Fortunately, I now know how to make spaghetti.  So, next time, it should not be nearly as stressful or time-consuming.  Philip is excited to try out the ravioli attachment.  Me, on the other hand, not so much.  I can just imagine how difficult that one will be!  Oh, well.  I am sure I'll figure that out with time, too.  

No comments: