You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, June 27, 2011

My new phone...

Friday, Philip picked up his new phone.  The phone that he had been waiting on forever was finally released.  It is the HTC EVO 3D.  It's enormous and does everything imaginable -- including taking 3D photos and video.  He's in love.

Well, while we were out, I decided to pick up a new phone for myself (I was eligible for an upgrade).  I was a little hesitant.  I'm not big on change (especially when it comes to phones).  I was really fond of my previous phone, the LG Rumor 2.  It was a slider and I knew I didn't want anything other than the slider.  Like ever.  I love it.  I do too much texting for me to not have a slide out keyboard.  It's just a pain otherwise.  

Anyway, I went with the HTC EVO Shift.  It is absolutely amazing.  It does things that I had no idea a phone could do.  Seriously.  My phone has every app I could ever imagine.  I can play games or listen to the radio or watch movies or find constellations and planets (my personal favorite!) or go shopping or blog or a million other things!

(Source)
Unfortunately, the only things I'm having difficulty with are the texting and calling people.  You know, those things that a phone is actually used for.  As I mentioned, I'm not a fan of change.  And, though this phone is a slider, it doesn't have the numbers as separate keys and all of my symbols and punctuation marks are in different places.  It messes with my head.  I text without really thinking from memory.  Then when I read what I wrote, it doesn't make sense because EVERYTHING IS IN THE WRONG PLACE!  Meh.  I'll get used to it, I suppose.

And, calling is just weird on a touch screen.  When someone calls me, I fumble for the green button to answer, BUT IT'S NOT THERE!  I have to push accept on the screen.  And, if I'm playing with my phone when someone calls, I end up hanging up on them because I'm already pushing on the screen when they call in and I end up pushing the ignore button by accident!  Grrr... oh, well.  I'm sure I'll get used to that, too.

However, getting this amazing phone does make me wonder... what is wrong with this world that my phone can do pretty much anything, but we still don't have a cure for cancer?  Seriously people.  Maybe our priorities are a little out of whack.  Now, I'm going to go play Brick Breaker on my phone.  Good night.  ;)

No comments: