You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jackass

I'm sure that most of you have already heard of the death of Ryan Dunn of Jackass fame.  He and a friend of his died in a fiery crash after driving drunk.  

Hours after, Roger Ebert tweeted "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."  It's caused a lot of backlash.  People are saying that the tweet was insensitive.  

Maybe the tweet was insensitive.  I mean, two people did die and it is really sad.  However, I find it hard to be too sad for them.  They were driving drunk.  You're just asking for trouble.  I mean, he was going 110 miles per hour when they crashed.  

Ebert is right.  Don't be a jackass.  Everyone knows the dangers of drunk driving.  Just don't do it!  It's that simple.  

I am just glad that they managed not to harm anyone else when they crashed.  Too often, it's innocent drivers who pay the price for drunk drivers' mistakes.  

Don't get me wrong.  I am sad that the price for their mistake was their lives.  And, I hope so much that they died instantly and did not have to endure the fiery aftermath of their crash.  

(Source)
I just hope that this very famous drunk driving accident will show people that there really are consequences for stupidly driving while intoxicated.  

New anti-drunk driving slogan: Don't be a jackass.  Insensitive?  Probably.  But which is worse: being insensitive or being stupid?  

No comments: