You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Easy Black Bean Soup

It's no secret to my family and friends that I love black bean soup.  I'm not a huge fan of the stuff you can buy in the store, but I have a recipe that I could eat for days and days (and sometimes do!).  This recipe was a huge life saver for me when I was a beginner vegetarian.  It's easy, delicious, and has a bunch of protein (especially good in those early days when I wasn't sure what to eat to get protein).  

Easy Black Bean Soup
32 ounce container of vegetable broth
5 cans of black beans 
1 can of corn
1/2 cup salsa (more if you want it)
Cumin to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
Chili powder to taste

I usually use my food processor to mash up one can of the black beans.  Then I put everything together in the pot and bring it to a boil.  Then I let it simmer for a while to let the spices soak in.  And then I devour it -- usually with some tortilla chips and sour cream.  Super tasty!  And now I might need to stop by Keene Market and grab the ingredients I'm missing.  ;)

No comments: