You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mixed Emotions...

Last night I was so incredibly happy. Barrack Obama won. Not only that, but John McCain gave an incredible speech. It left me feeling so wonderful about the direction that our country is heading. We will have change. We have a nation where truly anyone can do what they set their minds to without having to feel discouraged about race or gender. We have a nation where republicans and democrats are willing to work together to make our country a better place. I was brought to tears several times throughout the evening because of how proud and euphoric I was. It was incredible.

And then, today, I was still riding that high. And then part of me cracked. Proposition 8 passed in California. And other gay marriage bans passed in Arizona and Florida. So incredibly disappointing. I am really hoping that it will be overturned. No one has the right to take other people's rights away based upon sexual preference. It's ridiculous.

2 comments:

Jon and Aileen said...

i knooooooooooooow!!! what a buzz kill. it was SUCH a good day, and i'm still so happy. But those bans really bother me...i agree. it's rediculous. I hope it will be overturned...I feel like it should be

Lyn said...

I know that it should be. But it never should have been voted on. There is nothing to vote about. It's their right. The end. :(