You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I'm Thankful For...

  1. My wonderful family: Joe, Jack, Cody, Jippy, & Daly. My babies are smart and sweet and beautiful.
  2. My fantastic friends.
  3. My healed relationships with my parents and sister.
  4. A house not in Crackton.
  5. Four-Day weekends :)
  6. A degree in Religion & Philosophy (I can't believe I finished in May... It seems so long ago now).
  7. Mario Kart. It's amazing how much fun it can be. Especially with cool people.
  8. Black Bean Soup. It's just so incredibly comforting and delicious. :)
  9. Good books... like the Twilight Saga and White Oleander. You just can't beat curling up with a good book.
  10. Rain. It rained yesterday. I missed that a lot during the drought (technically a lot of NC is still in a drought -- Shelby is still in a Severe drought, Salisbury is in a Moderate drought, and Charlotte is still "Abnormally Dry", but there are now only 6 counties in an "Exceptional Drought" and only 8 counties in the slightly less bad "Extreme Drought." See the link for more info.).
  11. Autumn. There actually was a fall in North Carolina this year. It was beautiful. Oh, how I have missed the change in seasons. Indiana always changes dramatically and I missed that in NC. I didn't have to miss it this year! :)
  12. Hope. In many things. A hopeful change in direction for the way our country is headed. A possibility of snow in Shelby, North Carolina. :) A house in a nice neighborhood. A lot of things.
  13. Having tickets to South Korea to see a couple of amazingly awesome people.
  14. A job. Not my dream job. Not an exciting job. But, a job. That pays pretty well. And that is something that no everyone has. Especially with the way the world is right now.
  15. A clean conscience (vegetarian since August 20, 2007). I can look animals in the eye without the guilt of knowing that their kin had to die for my dinner. :)
  16. Netflix. It is so awesome that I can watch movies and tv shows online. It makes me happy.
  17. Good television. Mostly The Big Bang Theory and Heroes. They keep me entertained on Monday nights while Joe is gone to his basketball game. :) And to go along with this, Sylar... Wonderful character. You have to love the bad guy who has the potential for something good. Keeps me on the edge of my seat. And I would totally date any of the guys from Big Bang. They are awesome! lol

And so much more... I am just thankful for the here and now. :) It's wonderful.

No comments: