You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My lovely window adventure

Yesterday, I was jamming out in my car.  I, of course, had my windows down because my air conditioning went out months ago.  I hate it, but I'm dealing with it.  I just can't call anyone on my way home (and lately on my way to work -- it's getting hot earlier and earlier!) because the wind from the windows is too loud.  Fortunately, there isn't much humidity in Denver, so just driving with the windows down is tolerable even in the 90 or 100 degree heat.  

Anyway, back to yesterday.  It began to rain, so I started rolling up my windows.  Then I heard a snap and my driver's side window (already almost all the way up), crashed back down into the door.  And then I heard a crack.  I think my window may have shattered.  

When I got home, I tried to look down into the door to see if I could see the glass, but I couldn't.  The passenger side rear window is broken (won't roll up), but the glass only goes to the bottom of the hole for the window and I can still pull it up.  The glass for the driver's side window is nowhere to be seen.  

Gah!  My car is falling apart!  Philip and I are going to try to take apart the door this weekend to see if the window fell shattered or not.  

No matter what, I'm screwed.  If the window shattered, I'll have to put something over the window and then I'm going to die in the heat because I can't roll down the window!  If it didn't shatter, I'm still in the same boat because I'll just have to tape/glue the window up and I still won't be able to roll it down!  Because there is no way I'm paying to have it fixed!  It will cost more than my car is worth at this point.  

Philip and I bought new phones the weekend before last.  I joked with Philip that now even my phone is worth more than my car.  I really wish I were joking.  

We were originally going to buy me a new car this fall because we thought Philip's car was paid off next spring.  Well, it turns out that the car is not paid off until spring of 2013.  So, we've been trying to not have to buy a new car for me until next fall.  I really don't think that's going to work.  The way my car is going, one of the damn doors are going to fall off by next month.  

No comments: