You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Stats

I'm still fascinated by my car, so it's probably going to fill up a few more blog posts until the newness wears off.  ;)  Bear with me here, people.  It's my first new car!

As I told you before, it's a Honda CR-V SE.  It's a 4 cylinder, 5 speed automatic.  It has 17" alloy wheels and a Drive-by-Wire Throttle System.

It's got Real Time 4wd.  That means that it will go into 4WD when it is needed, or anytime a single wheel slips, it is compensated for in "real time" by the computer delivering a signal to cause power to be delivered to the opposite wheel to insure that both wheels are delivering power to the ground. When the "power" is not needed to all of the wheels they run free.  I like that because it will kick in on its own and I don't have to do anything!

It seats five with 35.7 cubic feet of storage space in the back.  If the rear seats are folded up, there are 72.9 cubic feet of storage space.  And there is so much head room!  I tried to tap the ceiling on Friday night because I saw a headlight out and it seemed like my hand went up forever before reaching the top!  It really threw me off!  

It has rear privacy glass and folding power side mirrors (to fit in smaller spaces).  It's got a ton of different airbags (let's hope I never need them!) and safety features.  It has three power adapters (one in the front, one in the center console, and one in the rear) and an auxiliary input jack for my iPod (as well as a 6 CD changer).  It has 8 drink holders and steering wheel mounted cruise and radio controls.  

One of my favorite things in the car are the seats.  They are comfortable, but more than that, the rear seats are adjustable.  They can be adjusted forward to leave more room in the back.  But, they can also be tilted back so that people can lean backwards and relax, just like the front seats!  They also fold up in crazy ways to leave tons of room in the back.  :)

One of the best things about the Hondas is the Maintenance Minder system.  It tells me what my oil life is along with tons of other maintenance related things so I know exactly when my car needs to be taken in (and I get free oil changes for life!).  

And, I freakin' love that it tells me what my MPG is along with how many miles I have left on a tank of gas.  It is AMAZING!  

However, the things that I love most about this car: the gas gauge works, it has remote entry,  and it has working air conditioning!  Those are all things that I longed for while driving Sam.  And, now I have them!  I feel so spoiled.  ;)  I am really loving my Lucius.  

No comments: