You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Auto Update

I am still loving my new CR-V.  It gets fantastic gas mileage (for an SUV).  I'm getting 27mpg combined city and highway.  And my drive is about half and half.  It's almost as good as what my car was getting, so I'm really happy with it!  

I have someone interested in buying Sam (my Grand Am).  I wasn't going to sell her, but I feel kind of bad just having her sit in the garage without being used.  However, the thought of selling her makes me tear up a bit.  She's been a good car to be for a lot of years.  I know.  I am irrationally attached to my car.  I can't help it.  I'm sure that with time, I will be irrationally attached to Lucius (my new CR-V) as well.  

In other auto news, exactly what I thought would happen has happened.  I knew that when I bought my new car, Philip would start wanting a new one.  You see, Philip does not get nearly as attached to vehicles as I do (like a normal person!).  He just likes having new vehicles.  ;)

Sure enough, about a week after we bought Lucius, we got a letter in the mail from Planet Honda basically begging us to sell them Philip's Honda Civic SI.  Philip was interested in trading it in on a new Honda Pilot but because his car was in an accident where the airbags went off, they cannot offer us as much as we'd like for it.  

So, we are waiting until later this year when the 2012s arrive.  Then we will have paid a little more on the Civic and we will hopefully be able to get a good deal on the 2011s.  :)  

It doesn't stop there though.  Philip is worried about losing his "race car."  He loves how sporty his car is.  A Honda Pilot is a large SUV and will not be nearly as peppy.  So, we will be buying a motorcycle next spring/summer to feed his need for sportiness.  

This way, we can have the best of both worlds.  He can have a large family vehicle (even though the kids are still several years away -- it still fits the dogs really well!) and have something sporty to drive when the urge strikes.  The motorcycle will also be nice for gas mileage in the summertime!  

So there you have it.  Lots of auto news in our household.  It's pretty exciting stuff!

No comments: