You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Great Cell Phone Misadventures of 2011

At the end of June, I told you all about my new phone.  It was an HTC Evo Shift.  I really liked the phone (it did everything!) but the batter wouldn't last longer than 8 hours (and that was when I wasn't using it at all) and the alarm only worked when it felt like it.  So, on the last day I could return it, I did so.  I just exchanged it for a new Evo Shift.  

The exchange took place on Saturday, July 23rd.  On Monday July 25th, I woke up at 8:30am because my STUPID PHONE alarm did not go off (I am supposed to be at work at 8am!).  I was pissed!  I quickly jumped out of bed and shot off a text to my boss explaining that I was running late.  As I ran into the bathroom, the phone slipped from my hand and fell.  It shouldn't have been an issue.  My phone was in its super expensive, supposedly awesome case AND the phone only fell about 5 inches from my hand to the bathroom counter.  

However, that was enough to break the stupid effing phone.  The screen no longer worked on it.  I was so pissed.  It was not a good day.  

Anyway, last Saturday, July 30th, I finally had time to return the phone to Best Buy to exchange it AGAIN.  I explained to the guy what had happened and he told me he would replace the phone no problem but recommended that I try a different phone because the Shifts are not good phones.  Duh!  Figured that out!  I asked him if my Buy Back Program would transfer if I got a different kind of phone.  He couldn't find any record that I had bought the Buy Back Program for it or that it had insurance on it.  The last Best Buy had never transferred the insurance plan or the Buy Back Program to phone #2!  

By this point, I was FUMING.  If I hadn't asked about it, I would have gone to Best Buy in 2 years and not gotten anything for my phone despite paying extra for them to buy back my Phone at the end of my contract.  He assured me that he would fix all of it and make sure it all applied to my new phone.  He recommended the Samsung Nexus.  I wanted to just go with the regular Evo 4G but he told me that if we went with the Nexus, we would get $100 back.  So, I went with the Nexus.

It takes over an hour to get everything sorted out (not a happy camper) and then when it comes time to check out, he tells me that I owe money.  I asked what happened to getting $100 back and he said that he had thought I was a new customer but since I was an existing customer, that credit didn't apply to me.  I swear I was ready to spit venom into the guys face just like the Dilophosaurus in Jurassic Park.  

(Source)
It was not going to be pretty.  But, I took a few deep breaths and just left.  I didn't want to have to deal with anymore.  So long as I had a working phone, everything would be just fine.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case...

No comments: