You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Farewell to a Friend

I've been quiet on the subject of Sam since my last "Auto Update."  That's because she's gone.  I sold her to one of our neighbors.  He is a mechanic so I knew she'd be getting a good home.  

He's already fixed just about everything that was wrong with her (much easier to do when you can do it all for free yourself!).  The a/c is working, the windows are fixed, the gas gauge works, she got an alignment and new tires, her rotors are polished, and she's lookin' sharp.  

I am happy that she's got a good new home (with someone who loves her like I did), but I can't lie.  The night she left, I shed a few tears.  I know that I have an irrational attachment to inanimate objects (especially my car).  I can't help myself.  There are lots of good memories with that car.  Hopefully she will have many good years with her new owner as well.  :)

No comments: