You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Great Cell Phone Misadventures of 2011: Part III

So, when I left off, the Best Buy guy had just fixed the phones so that we each had the right number and our phones were actually functional again.  I thought it would be smooth sailing from there, but I was wrong.  

The Samsung Nexus is nowhere near as awesome as the Best Buy guy had described.  Not only was it way slower than the Shift, but I couldn't get a bunch of the apps that I liked on the Shift.  And, it didn't have a clock on the desktop!  And, to top all that off, it didn't get service at work or at home.  And the service was spotty in between those places as well.  I couldn't call or text anyone.  I sent Philip a text one morning and he didn't get it until over 14 hours later.  I didn't receive calls or texts from people.  When I actually had service, it would take 2 or 3 tries to get the phone to dial out.  

In other words, the phone was a worthless piece of shit (pardon my French).  

I knew that this phone wasn't going to work, so I planned to take it back yesterday.  I was hoping the same salesperson was in that day so that I could chuck the phone directly at his private parts.  Unfortunately, he had the day off.  

So, I got to deal with a new guy.  I think he knew how close I was to going postal on him, so he gave no arguments and just got me a new phone and transferred everything over.  He actually looked slightly afraid of me.  I think that he could see the crazy look in my eyes.  

(Source)

So, about a half an hour later, I had a new phone.  With one problem, I had to drive all the way home (about an hour) to get the box for the Nexus and bring it all the way back to that Best Buy.  I completely spaced bringing the box for it.  I was pissed, but this one was nobody's fault but my own.  

However, yesterday was my birthday so I still wasn't pleased about having to drive all over the Denver Metro area just to get a frickin' functioning phone!   AHHHHHHHHH!  But, thankfully, my new HTC Evo 4G is working spectacularly.  

I told Philip that if I start to have problems with this one, I'm just going back to my old LG Rumor.  It may not be super awesome, but at least it works!

No comments: