You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Great Cell Phone Misadventures of 2011: Part II

Philip and I left the Best Buy.  I was still pissed off completely over the huge mess that this simple phone purchase had become.  But, of course, Philip can always cheer me up.  He decided that we should grill some chicken and have baked potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner (even though it was 9:30pm).  It sounded delicious and I was starving.  

However, that meant we would need to stop by Target for a few things before going home.  I tried to use Philip's phone to see if my neighbor needed anything from Target (my numbers weren't in my phone yet -- the Nexus doesn't use SD cards and that's where all of my information was stored, so I had to go home and transfer everything using the computer).  

However, Philip's phone kept giving me an error message.  It wouldn't let me call out or send text messages.  So, I just got the number from Philip's phone and sent a message using my phone.  It sent, but something was off.  The photo next to the text message was not mine.  It was Philip's.  

So, I went into the phone information and, sure enough, my phone had Philip's phone number.  They had put Philip's number onto my new phone, which meant that Philip's phone didn't work either.  

I was seriously ticked that they messed up our phones, but I took a few deep breaths and called back Best Buy (while Philip went into Target to pick up what we needed).  The guy who had helped us had already left for the night so I talked to his manager.  He called Sprint while still on the phone with me and attempted to fix things.  Then he told me to shut down both of the phones and restart them.  He said if they weren't fixed right away, to update the profile.  

So, I did all that.  And then NEITHER of our phones worked.  This is a photo of about how well that went over for me:

(Source)
So, not only did they NOT fix our phones, I couldn't call them back to bitch them out about it! So, we drove home and I went to my neighbor's house to use her phone to call back Best Buy. Somehow, I didn't flip the hell out on the guy.  He was eventually able to get the phones working again.  

I was absolutely exhausted and I'm sure my blood pressure was much higher than normal after dealing with all of this (along with the other crappy stuff to happen that day -- details soon, I promise!).  But, at least I had a new, awesome phone.

Not!  Yep, that's right.  This series of misadventures still isn't over!  GAH!

No comments: