You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dream House: The Pantry

A huge part of my dream kitchen is my dream pantry.  I already told you about the breakfast nook that I dream of.  Well, right next to that built in dream nook is my dream pantry.  


Do you see that door there next to the nook?  That's where my dream pantry will go.  Yeah, I know that I've put too much thought into something like a pantry.  Some people dream of walk in closets.  I dream of walk in pantries.  ;)  (Seriously, Philip uses WAY more closet space than I do!  And he even has a lot more shoes than I do!)  

I love organization.  It will become apparent through all of these dream house posts.  The pantry is no different.  In my current pantry, everything has a place (hence, Philip isn't allowed to put away groceries -- he puts them in the wrong places!  Don't worry... he doesn't mind!).  However, my current pantry is tiny and doesn't have nearly enough room in it (Philip and I have a lot of gadgets that we don't want on the counter 24/7.  Right now they're all cramped into a bottom cabinet.  I'd really like to be able to get to them easily without having to dig out a dozen other items to get to them!  Plus, I love to stock up on food so that I don't have to run to the grocery store if I suddenly have the urge to cook something!).  My dream pantry won't have that problem!  



I love the door on this pantry.  I like the fact that you can see into the pantry.  I love the organization.  I just wish it were a little bit bigger (yeah, I'm aware that I'm nuts).   



This one doesn't really appeal to me visually.  It's very bland.  However, I love that it's enormous and so organized.  I'd have to add a little pizazz to it.



This pantry is beautiful.  It's so open and huge!  Our pantry would definitely have a lot more stuff in it though!   



This one is not deep enough, but I do love the doors to this one.  I like that you can see into the pantry.  It's appealing.  My pantry would need more light though.   


  
This one is so pretty.  I love the dark shelves.  However, I don't want to pantry to be open to the kitchen.  It needs a door... just a door that can be seen through.  Again, yes, I know I'm crazy.  ;)


Source: decorpad.com via Tara on Pinterest

This one is just very pretty.  This one really would be a dream.  It's huge and beautiful and the organization is appealing.  I love the wine rack.  The basket drawers for fruits and veggies and whatnot are a great touch.  

So, basically, I want a huge, walk-in pantry with nifty organization that looks beautiful.  Oh, and it must have a door that can be seen into.  And it needs to fit next to the breakfast nook in the kitchen.  Yep, I think that about covers it.  ;)  

No comments: