You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Christian Hypocrisy

Tonight, as I was going through my newsfeed on Facebook, I came across this post: 
Hi Lord, its me, things are getting bad here, gas prices are too high, no jobs, food and heating cost too high. I know some have taken you out of our schools, government & even Christmas but Lord I'm asking you to come back and re-bless America, we really need you. Thanks Lord, I love you!


I don't really have anything against the post itself.  I don't agree with it, but at least it's positive.  I have a problem with some of the comments that followed.  I'm not going to copy and paste them here because most of them are just rambling, but I will paraphrase.  

There were rants about how America does not deserve God's blessings because of the rampant homosexuality and abortions.  They went on to discuss how preachers are not talking enough about sin and how we are a heathen nation (as you can probably tell, some of my family members are super conservative!).  

I have a few problems with these rants.  First of all, the people who are ranting about sin are sinners themselves.  It seems that their premarital sex and getting pregnant out of wedlock are lesser sins than homosexuality.  Who are they to decide that their sins are forgiven but that God would definitely not be able to forgive the homosexuals or the abortion providers/receivers?  

Secondly, who are they to judge the sinners of America?  What happened to judge not lest ye be judged and let he who is without sin cast the first stone?  Most importantly, where is the love thy neighbor as thyself?   

People like this drive me bonkers.  I despise Christian hypocrisy.  If you want the world to be good, how about turning that inward before judging the rest of the world.  After all, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.