You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Movie Review: Paul

Paul: "Why are we holding hands?"
Graeme: "So we look like a family.  We're just a 

couple of regular guys walking down the street 
with small cowboy." (Source)
Let me start by saying that I did not have any real expectations for Paul.  I figured it would be funny, but probably not really a very good movie.  

I was actually pleasantly surprised.  :)

For those of you who don't know, Paul is about two geeky guys (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) who stumble across an alien in trouble named Paul (voice of Seth Rogen).  They decide to help him get to where he needs to go.  Along the way, they run into a ton of trouble [they're being pursued by federal agents (Jason Bateman, Bill Hader, and Joe Lo Truglio)] and pick up a very conservative Christian woman named Ruth (Kristen Wiig).  Paul opens Ruth's eyes to the truth of the universe and she tries to shake her conservative roots. This leads to some very, very interesting swearing.  Their journey is unusual but highly entertaining.  

If you're looking for a serious film, this isn't it.  If you're looking for something light and funny, this might be it.  Just be aware that the movie is very vulgar at times.  This is not a movie for little kids (despite the cute alien).  Philip and I were highly amused, but I realize that this is not a movie for everyone.  But, if you're like Philip and I, you'll find yourself quoting Kristen Wiig for days afterwards!
(3.5/5.0 stars)

No comments: