You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Use Caution!

This morning on my way into work, I listened to the traffic report.  At the beginning of my drive, there was a report of an accident blocking one of the exit ramps off of I-25 (one of the major interstates in Denver).  The next traffic report said that the accident was fatal.  The traffic report after that said that the man who died, did not die in the original accident.  When he got out of his car to investigate the damage, he was hit by another car and killed.  

This is absolutely terrible.  I just want to remind my friends to always check before exiting vehicles.  I know that after an accident, adrenaline is high and people are less careful.  Just make sure to take a second to collect yourself before doing anything.  Relax and get your head together before doing anything.  That way you will be able to notice your surroundings and make informed decisions... instead of panicking and exiting the vehicle without thinking.  

This is a terrible tragedy.  But, it's also one that we can try to avoid in the future.  Please!  Be careful!  

No comments: