You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cadbury Caramel Eggs

I'm not really a big chocolate eater.  In fact, I don't even eat a whole lot of sweets.  I enjoy making them more than I usually enjoy eating them.  When I make chocolate chip cookies, I use less chips than what the recipe calls for.  It can take me days to finish a regular size candy bar.  I'm not even one of those women who has to have chocolate during that time of the month.

I do have one weakness though:  Cadbury Caramel Eggs.  They are my kryptonite.  I cannot stop at just one either.  I will eat 3 or 4 of them before I realize what I've done.  They are just so good!  

So, I both look forward to Easter (oh delicious goodness) and dread it (my poor body).  Plus, those suckers aren't cheap.  The cheapest I've found them was 4 for $2.00 (so $0.50 a piece).  And they're tiny -- much smaller than a normal candy bar.  But, that doesn't mean that they have less calories.  One of those eggs has 170 calories in it!  

I'm not normally one for counting calories, but when I would usually take in only about 1,000 calories (no, I'm not starving -- I sit at a desk all day so I don't need more than that!), an additional 510 or 680 calories in a day adds up!  

So, I've now decided to limit myself to one glorious egg per day.  And, then I'll get to go through withdrawals after Easter is over.  Only 2 weeks left of heaven!  You all know where I'll be the day after Easter -- the clearance candy aisle!

No comments: