You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Hunger Games

I've been in a funk lately for numerous reasons.  Last night I decided it was time to do something about it.  So, I did what I normally do when I feel like I'm in a funk.  I take a long, hot bath and read a good book.

I've been keeping up with the casting for the Hunger Games movie and it has made me want to re-read the series.  So, last night, I started re-reading the first book (The Hunger Games)... and then I finished it.  Ha!  I haven't been on the right schedule (for me), so I knew I needed to stay up late to reset myself.  So, I stayed up until after 1:00 reading.  

The first time I read it, I loved it.  Well, this time I still really loved it.  I think I appreciated it more this time since I know so much more about everything in the book.  The book made me cry just as much as it did the first time, if not more.  

Although I really love the book, I'm torn about the movie.  I'm not sure how in the world they will be able to pull it off.  Most of the book is the thoughts of Katniss (the protagonist).  It's not like she's saying everything out loud (I mean, she is being hunted after all).  So, I don't know how they're going to be able to really get across what Katniss is thinking and feeling in the movie.  It should be interesting.  And, you better believe that I will be there on March 23, 2012 to see it!

No comments: