You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, April 11, 2011

President Donald?


David Plouffe (WH senior advisor) was quoted as saying that "There is zero chance that Donald Trump would ever be hired by the American people to do this job."  The Donald, of course, had to share his 2 cents.  

He responded by saying, "Obviously, I hit a nerve because they're fighting me."  And then, "I can tell you I'm their worst nightmare.  I am not the person they want to run against.  They know it, and I know it.  I know it for a fact because I have a lot of people that frankly are contributors to him and they tell me, 'Donald, you are not the person they want to run against.' "

I actually had to read that twice to make sense of it.  

Most of you have probably heard that Trump is riding the birther wave.  He's pushing to investigate Obama's Hawaiian birth.  I honestly think he's putting too much effort into that.  I think there are far fewer birther nut-jobs than what he's hoping for.  I think most of us do not question whether Obama is a citizen.  So, Trump is making himself look like an outright idiot to most of the nation.

I say that, but I thought Trump was an idiot even before this came out.  I do not think that most of the nation can take the Donald seriously enough to even consider voting for him for president.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I sure hope not.  What do you think?

No comments: