You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Running, Day 4

I ran yesterday (day 3). I could almost run all of what I set as a goal for myself for this week. I was incredibly sore, but when I started running, my muscles actually started to feel better.

I just finished my run for tonight (day 4). I was able to complete the goal I set for myself for this week. I ran all three laps without stopping to walk. I'm not saying how far in distance that goal is because it's not exactly awesome, but I do have to start somewhere. Each night, the running seems to get easier. My lungs were burning after tonight's run, but I don't feel as tired as I have the previous nights.

Again, today, I was really sore. Stairs are really difficult to do because my thighs burn when I go up and down them, but it's a nice kind of burn. I feel like I'm accomplishing something. :) But, again today, the run didn't seem too bad on my muscles. Stretching them by running seems to make the pain go away.

I am not sure if I am going to run tomorrow. I know I won't run on Saturday. But, I will definitely be back at it on Sunday. I'm not really sure how much rest I should give myself in between. I don't know if one day a week is enough rest or if two days is enough or too much. I have read mixed reviews. But, I think for now, I'm going to give myself 2 days a week off and see how that feels.

No comments: