You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's that you ask? Why, yes. Yes, I am awesome. ;)

hahaha... I kid. I'm just a little proud of myself tonight.

It's Sunday night. I've been dreading this day all weekend. Last week I was feeling pretty crappy about running. I didn't want to do it anymore. Especially since I was sore all weekend from pushing myself on Thursday night. And, I wasn't looking forward to running tonight.

Today didn't really help. I wasn't sore when I woke up, but there were severe thunderstorms all night. Okay, I thought, I'll just go up to the apartment gym to run on one of the treadmills. I honestly prefer to run on a treadmill anyway. I just don't like to work out in front of people.

Well, those plans had to change because I couldn't find the access card to get into the gym. I spent forever looking for it and then I finally gave up. I decided to just suck it up and run in the rain... and hope to not be struck by lightning. ;)

Since it was pouring down rain, I didn't want to go with my normal route. It's a little too busy and curvy and hilly to run in the rain... I didn't want to be run over. So, I chose a safer route. It's a much shorter lap, which means that I had to run a lot more of them. It's also a less interesting route. But, it's less hilly, which does make it a little easier.

Before I started my run, I measured the route with my car to make sure that I was running the same distance. And then I ran. In the pouring rain. And, it was actually pretty pleasant. It kept me pretty cool. My lungs burned some for the first few laps but then I seemed to adjust. I ran the equivalent of my goal for this week (6 normal laps). AND IT'S ONLY DAY ONE OF THIS WEEK!!!

I feel awesome. :) I'm going to up my goal for this week now. My new goal for this week is seven laps. I know I can do it. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: