You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Running... My first real test.

Last night, I really did not want to run. It was my first real test. I wasn't sore. I wasn't really tired. I just didn't want to do it. But, I did go for my run. I made myself do it. It helps that people around me are encouraging me. Philip tells me that he knows I can do it. Brandon (my roommate) always asks me if I've ran yet. My mom asks me how my running is going. So, I'm glad for the friendly "pressure" to keep going. It pushes me when I don't want to push myself.

I took a break from running Friday and Saturday to give my body a rest. I was pretty sore on Thursday. Friday, I was still kinda sore. Saturday, I wasn't very sore, but my muscles were still a little achy. Sunday, I wasn't sore at all. I went for my run that night. In the rain. It went pretty well. I ran the three laps that I ran last week. I ran them without having to stop to walk. I was still pretty proud.

Yesterday, I didn't want to run. The fact that it was cold outside didn't help. After the first lap, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to add another lap to it (my goal for this week was to run 4 laps without having to stop to walk). I was freezing and my lungs were burning. I really wanted to stop. I kept going.

I finished my first lap and then finished my second lap. As I was doing my third lap, I thought, "I'll just stop after this lap." About halfway through, I thought, "No, I'll at least walk the fourth lap." As I was finishing my third lap, I thought, "No, lets see how far I can run into this fourth lap. I'll stop when it gets to be too much."

So, I ran. I got about halfway through and my burning lungs wanted me to stop, but I thought, "I need to at least finish running this uphill part and then I'll walk the rest." But, when I finished that, I knew I could finish running the rest of the lap. And, I did. And, I was so proud. Day 2 of this week and I already finished my running goal for the week.

So, now I've made a new goal for this week. I want to be able to run 5 laps without stopping to walk by Thursday. It's going to be rough, I'm sure, but I think I can do it. At the end of lap four, I didn't feel terrible... aside from the burning lungs. That was because it was so cold last night. It's not quite so cold tonight and it's supposed to warm up a little bit tomorrow and Thursday.

So, tonight, I am going to run as far as I can. I will at least walk the fifth lap. Tomorrow, I will run as far as I can. I will at least run part of the fifth lap. And then, Thursday night, I will definitely run the full five laps. :) Wish me luck!

No comments: