You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Anxious...

We are STILL waiting to hear back from the bank. They have to appraise the house as it will be after we finish the remodeling so that we can get a loan to do the remodeling on the house. It was supposed to take about a week. It's been over a week. Joe called yesterday and they said it would be later that afternoon or the following morning. Well, it's the following morning. I'm tired of waiting!

Not only is it stressful just waiting, but we can't schedule anything until we know what the bank is going to say. It will take 3 weeks to get the cabinets from the point that we order them. And then the installation should only take a day. The tile guy can't come in until the cabinets are in. And he can't do the bathroom until the door is moved from the hallway to the bedroom. And my mom is coming down to help us do that. And she can't come down (she'll only be able to stay a few days and then go back to Indiana!) until all of the baseboard heating units are removed (because she's also helping us paint and we can't paint until the baseboard heating is gone... otherwise there will be blank spots when they're taken out). And we can't schedule the guy to take out the baseboard heating until we hear something from the bank.

And of course, the tickets are outrageously expensive. It's going to cost me $300 to get my mom down here. And they get more expensive every day! I need to get it scheduled soon or I'll have to sell my liver to be able to get her down here!

Also, when she gets here, we're going to have to spend a lot of time on the bathroom and on the master bedroom. It's going to take a while because we have to move the bathroom door from the hallway to the bedroom to turn it into the master bathroom. Then we have to remove the wallpaper in the master bedroom. I've never done this before, but I hear that it's a completely awful experience. I am not looking forward to it. Knocking out walls, putting up new drywall and doors, tearing out cabinets, and painting an entire house: not scary to me. Tearing down wallpaper: SCARY beyond belief for me.

Wish us luck!

No comments: