You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

HOUSE UPDATE - We agree!


Okay. So, we have some very exciting news!

Yesterday, we went to look at the house again to make sure that we were sure about it before we put in an even bigger bid. We still love the house. So, our realtor put in an offer of $98,000.00 last night with them still completing the repairs and us still allowed to do inspections (we could have gotten it for $92,000 if they didn't have to finish the repairs and we didn't want to inspect the house). Well, they came back to us and accepted the offer. Actually, more than that. They said that they'd accept $97,500.00 if they didn't have to put down new linoleum in the kitchen. We happily agreed since we were going to tear out the linoleum and put in ceramic tile anyway! :)

So, we've signed the paperwork and sent it back to our realtor so that they can sign off on it. Then we have until September 17th to get the inspections done. :) Once they sign off for sure, Joe is scheduling an inspection for early next week. Then, so long as the inspections come back clear, we will get our financing and finish up everything to close on the house. :)

After we close, we'll tear out the carpet in the living room (there are hardwoods underneath), clean the whole house, paint the whole house, then have the crew come in to remodel the kitchen the way we want it done, and then move in! :) I'm so incredibly excited! Goodbye Gastonia, Hello Shelby!

2 comments:

Jon Jordan said...

That's Awesome!!! Glad to see you are getting out of Cracktown :)

Jon and Aileen said...

AH!!!! First, I didn't even know you HAD a blog! I suck. So I read all your posts. I am sooo glad you're moving out of crackton...i was scared for you guys! The house sounds really nice, and that's so awesome that there's woods across the street. I only wish I could be part of the painting party :) and come hang out in your house. Wow. You guys are so grown up! Buying a house! Congrats!

Speaking of which, I haven't even asked you: how's life in the real world?? Working full-time? No school? I don't really feel like I'm in the real world, but I do miss school. I'm a dork. I miss classes, professors, intellectual conversations, and you guys. And the other fun stuff. Jon's the same way...yesterday he downloaded some philosophical/religious essays/papers to read in his spare time. Haha, we crack me up.

But anyway, I am so happy for you. Do you have pictures of the house?! I want to see them! Good luck with the final deal stuff, and the inspections.